Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Yoplait Light Apple Turnover


As I said last week, I've recently tried a bunch of the 110 calories or less dessert flavors Yoplait offers (Click here for a $1 off coupon for the yogurt.)and they are all pretty good. I think my second favorite is the apple turnover. My husband tried it as well and it is his top favorite out of the line up. While it certainly has a very different texture than an actual apple turnover (and a completely different nutritional makeup, like the others this flavor has 20% of your daily requirement of calcium and vitamin D in the 6 oz tub) it tastes freakishly like an apple turnover. There are small chunks of apple throughout but they are not soggy or gross like some fruit-in yogurt varieties, they are hardly noticeable but for the bits of apple flavor they add. There is also a very definite but subtle taste of crust in the yogurt. I don't know how they do it, but it works. I think this flavor is one of the better ones to have as a snack, the apple flavor is distinctive (I don't know if I have ever had apple yogurt before) and oddly filling. A nice change from the more common strawberry or blueberry.