Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Pineapple Upside Down Cake


As I said last week, I've recently tried a bunch of the 110 calories or less dessert flavors Yoplait offers (Click here for a $1 off coupon for the yogurt.)and they are all pretty good. I think my next favorite is the pineapple upside down cake. While it certainly has a very different texture than an actual pineapple upside down cake it really tastes like the real thing. Like the others this flavor has 20% of your daily requirement of calcium and vitamin D in the 6 oz tub. This flavor has only 110 calories which make it the perfect choice for a light breakfast or snack. This flavor, like the apple turnover isn't completely smooth, it has little chunks of pineapple spread through out. They provided a nice texture contrast and bursts of pineapple flavor. Unlike the apple turnover, the cake flavor wasn't as pronounced but the pineapple flavor was clear and tasty so I didn't mind.