Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Vita-Mix Review


I was recently lucky enough to be contacted by the VitaMix company asking if I would like to try out their new VitaMix 5200. Of course, I was thrilled. After getting it, I was even more impressed. It is not only a blender that gets things super smooth (check out Hannah's homemade rice milk and nutella!) but it due to friction it can actually make hot soup! In less than 7 minutes! On the other hand, you can also make ice cream in it using frozen ingredients and it forms ice cream without any extra freezing. We've made some great juice (from whole, peeled citrus), chopped vegetables and just today I made 7 cups of mustard in it in about 1 minute. I can't wait to make homemade nut butters in it. You can make homemade tanini in it, it is that powerful!
You just can't ask for a better, harder working appliance. It is truly amazing.
But wait, there is more...it cleans itself! You just add water and a bit of soap and pulse until it is clean.