Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fox's Garden Fruits




I've been dreaming of these ever since I first saw them on the Fox's website (they also make my beloved glacier mints). Only in England would a variety of "garden fruits" include rhubarb and gooseberry. I thought I'd never get the chance to try them as they appear to be a UK only product. Well, one of Matt's friends lives in London came here for a visit and she brought me two packs of the garden fruits. Very exciting. Apparently they were difficult for her to find too, she had bought me a couple of packs of the regular fruit ones (also good and included black currant) just in case she couldn't find them but then at the airport she found the garden variety.

I love them, they are different sort of hard candy than we usually have here in the US. I really understand why they call them "boiled sweets", the texture is very smooth. Anyway, I really like the rhubarb and gooseberries ones (despite their being unlabeled and nearly identical) but they only made up about a 1/4 of each bag, the rest was apple or pear. Disappointing, but I am glad I got to try them at all. I have plans to dole them out slowly to make them last.