Monday, February 11, 2008

Simply Delicioso: A Collection of Everyday Recipes with a Latin Twist

I don't have cable so I have never seen Ingrid Hoffmann's show, Simply Delicioso but I was happy to have a look at her new book, Simply Delicioso: A Collection of Everyday Recipes with a Latin Twist which has a ton of recipes. Some of them are a little on the "simple" side for me, calling for bottled salsa instead of making a homemade sauce for enchiladas, the tamale pie calls for a box of cornbread mix but there also some interesting drink, salad and dessert recipes (all categories that I always find lacking in "Latin" cookbooks) that look interesting and even the easiest recipes are inspiring, I really want to make tamale pie now, though probably using my own recipe. My verdict: worth a look. The book has great pictures, interesting recipes, easy instructions and lots of tips.