Friday, February 01, 2008

Good Food Day

I had a great trip to H Mart this morning. Normally I avoid it near Chinese New Year like the plague (memories of a grueling 4 hour ordeal around this time of year still haunt me) but it was pretty empty. And guess what they had...rhubarb! After all those weeks of frantic searching, there it was. Of course, I needed it a week ago, but whatever. I still picked some up, it is so fresh and red looking. And I got some heads-on shrimp (only $3.99 lb), fermented black beans, and a big bunch of really fresh beets (with beautiful greens still attached-only $1.40), rice, lots of noodles, and a ton of fresh veggies. Very successful. I have some yellowtail in the fridge and am really looking forward to doing some cooking this weekend. I already made sesame noodles!