Friday, November 09, 2007

love/hate

A quick round up of what I'm eating:

snacks:
love: vosges
hate: Curves granola bars. I like the idea of a moderately caloric snack bar but they left a bad taste in my mouth. Literally. Their cereal isn't bad though.
drinks:
love: Italian bitters: Campari (classic), Averna (dark and yummy) and my newest discovery: Aperol which is rhubarby and orangey.
hate: that Paula's Texas Orange isn't available here and they can't send it to me.
seasonal:
love: fresh cranberries & pomegranate
hate: not much grows year 'round here in the mid-Atlantic region.
shopping:
love: how butter, flour and sugar is on sale for so cheap (59 cents for a 5 lb bag of unbleached flour) right now.
hate: long lines, people shopping who only cook one meal a year and don't know where or what anything is.
dinner:
love: cooking new things and old favorites.
hate: that it gets dark at 4 PM and all of my pictures are wonky.