Thursday, November 22, 2007

alone in the kitchen with a starfruit

I ended up staying home from Thanksgiving. We were supposed to spend Wed-Mon in NYC with my in-laws but I had a fever so I stayed behind and Matt went up for a shortened trip. My mom brought some food over for me today and I watched a lot of episodes of Gidget so it really hasn't been bad and I have the dogs for company.

I was a little worried about what to eat when I was home, we mainly buy fresh ingredients and had very deliberately been eating them up over the last week or so to avoid spoilage and we were left with an odd assortment of canned beans, pasta, grains, beverages and condiments. Matt picked up up some cheese, a couple of apples, tuna and bread for me but that didn't seem quite enough. My brother offered to pick up some food for me to send over with my mother so I asked for fresh ingredients-mainly some fruit or vegetables. And he bought me a mango, two kiwi and a starfruit. Which struck me as funny; apparently when my brother thinks of me, he also thinks of tropical fruit. Which is fine by me, maybe I will make some sort of fruit salad with it all. It's been ages since I've had a starfruit. He also sent over a candy bar, which was appreciated.

What did you do for Thanksgiving?