Friday, October 12, 2007

PizzAmore

Recently I was offered a free coupon for new Frescetta PizzAmore presliced frozen pizza. Now, I haven't had a frozen pizza in years but I knew that events were coming up that would keep me busy so I thought why not give it a shot. We picked it up at my local Safeway, Matt popped in the oven when I was on the way home from teaching my cooking class Wednesday so it was ready when I got home. I didn't have the highest of hopes, but you know what, it was pretty good. It avoided the usual frozen pizza pitfalls-soggyness, over sweet sauce and dry crust. There's this baking tray that really kept the crust crisp and much closer to "take out pizza" than other frozen pizzas I've had.

We did have to recut the "presliced" slices, but that wasn't a big deal to us. It was not as good as homemade pizza, but very good for frozen pizza. I think it would be good to keep on hand for those nights when you just can't think of anything to make.