Friday, September 28, 2007

Nature Valley Nut Crunch Bars


Occasionally I get emails about new products to review. Some are totally irrelevant but occasionally I get one that might be interesting. I only review things that I can actually get samples of and try and that I reasonably might buy anyway. I was sent a couple of boxes Nature Valley Nut Crunch Bars (almond and peanut) and while I am not a huge granola bar/energy bar fan, I really liked them. The almond bar was a little dry, but the peanut bar was really good. They're not sticky, despite having only six ingredients and being basically being made up of just peanuts (or almonds and peanuts), sunflower seeds and a light sugary glaze to hold it together. It really is like eating a handful of peanuts in a convenient bar form. They have about 200 calories but also include 7 grams of protein, which would make it a good snack or breakfast replacement if you were on the go- it was really filling. The only major draw back was that several of the almond bars were broken into little chunks when they arrived. Both types of bars are pretty brittle, so I wouldn't be surprised it they turned to dust if they spent some time at the bottom of your bag. Of course, the pieces are still perfectly edible, but it is something to keep in mind if you are the toss-it-in-your-bag-and-forget-it type.