Thursday, September 13, 2007

Chocodiles


I've been looking for Chocodiles for about 3 years now. They are made by Hostess and are basically chocolate covered Twinkies and they are no longer sold on the East Coast. They are so tricky to procure that whole businesses have been made around selling Chocodiles (at a ridiculous mark up) to out of luck East Coasters, fan sites have popped up and petitions to bring back Chocodiles constantly circulate.

Matt really liked them as a kid (and I sort of think you have to be a kid to really love them) and they have become part of our relationship mythology-once, shortly after we started dating we stood in the bread isle of a local Giant and he said "You know what I want?" and I said "Chocodiles" just as he said it. Which isn't that odd, except I don't think I had ever said the word Chocodiles before that moment, had never eaten them and certainly never talked the Matt about them. So it was one of those weird same wavelength things you get from time to time.

Anyway, that only fueled his need for Chocodiles. A need that went unfulfilled until a friend of mine in Utah, Aimee, saw that I was looking for them and said she knew of a Chocodile stronghold. A few short days (and for her a trip to the Hostess outlet) later, we have Chocodiles.