Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Heat vs. Cooking

I think the heat is winning. It has been at least 90 degrees every day for weeks now, and at times hovering near 100. And really, really (think tropical jungle) humid. We do not have air conditioning in every room in the house. In fact, we only have a room unit in the bedroom. This means the kitchen gets really, really hot when we cook for long periods of time. Making a quick muffin early in the morning wasn't too bad, but a whole dinner? Too hot. The rest of the downstairs rooms aren't too bad because we have fans but the kitchen can get deadly. So my will to cook is slowly evaporating. I want to bake. I want to make fun things for dinner but I just can't. So we've been surviving on chicken salad and simple stir fries and pizza from Matthew's.