Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners


On Monday I made a yummy pork burrito filling in the slow cooker. Well, I say I made it, but really Matt assembled it the day before and I just cut up some onions and dumped it all in. It was really good (recipe to come if I can get him to write it up for me) but the best part was the clean up. I used one of those new(ish) slow cooker liners by Reynolds. We do have a slow cooker where the center comes out for easy cleaning, but generally the "easy" cleaning involved it soaking at least over night. I can't imagine what it would be like to have one of those all in one models you can't take apart-I'd be scared to make anything in it. Anyway, I placed the liner in the slowcooker, poured all the ingredients in, folded the extra length of the bag over the outside of the machine and closed the lid. It cooked as normal, but once we scooped all the meat/sauce out, I lifted the bag out, knotted the top and threw it out. No clean up at all. I went to the website and noticed they have a contest going on for slowcookers in RVs. Not sure how many people reading this have an RV, but it looks fun.