Friday, January 19, 2007

Pillsbury Bake-Off


The annual Pillsbury Bake-Off has begun! Submissions are due by April 22nd. I am half tempted to enter, but I am not sure what I'd make. I am not familiar with a lot of the packaged products you have to choose from as one of your ingredients. I wish I could have entered back in the 1960s when the winning recipes included many more "raw ingredient" type things like flour*. I mean, yay for food blogger Anna Ginsberg for winning last year, but I have to say, not only would I not have frozen waffles/maple syrup on hand, I don't think it would occur to me in a million years to add them to chicken. Maybe I don't have the kind of culinary mind it would take to win? It might be fun to try though. I will try, there are many products to choose from and several categories to enter. Not to mention the million dollar prize!


*I guess in a way this reflects how most Americans actually cook now, by doctoring up packaged foods.