Friday, January 26, 2007

Heart Shaped Pancake Mold


Pancake molds are sort of an oddity in the kitchen. I don't know anyone who uses them on a regular basis, but the idea is interesting. What has always held me back from using them is that you can only make one rather small pancake* at a time. Even though they are relatively inexpensive (generally around $6) if you did want to buy more than one, it would add up. This heart shaped one is slightly larger than some of the other ones I have seen and while it is part of Crate and Barrel's Valentine's Day line up, I bet you could use it year round and no one would be the wiser. Plus I bet they will be marked down right after Valentine's Day and you could probably get a couple for what one costs now.
*or I bet you could make a sunny side up egg in one if it wasn't too big.