Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I need your help!

My husband and I are going to have a 80s night and watch all of the 80s movies I never saw because I was in still in elementary school when the 80s ended. I also didn't have an older cool sibling, so anything that happened in the 80s that didn't involve My Little Pony, Care Bears, Cabbage Patch Kids or Tranformers is beyond my knowledge base. Matt, on the other hand graduated high school in 1990 and has seen many, many 80s movies that he feels the need to catch me up on.


This is where you came in, we've picked the movies but now I need help with the food aspect. I always associate sun dried tomatoes with the 80s. So I was kind of thinking of making a "California" pizza with sun dried tomatoes but am not sure. Anyone have better ideas? I saw that Cheetos were introduced in the mid-80s but that's not really a meal. Classic coke? Skittles? We don't want to spend money on something we don't really want to eat, so things like Hamburger Helper et al. are out, but anything else that reminds you of the 1980s is welcomed.