Friday, November 03, 2006

What's Your Story #1

This is the first edition of an occasional series of interviews with other food bloggers. First up is Peabody of Culinary Concotions by Peabody . I have been reading her blog for a while now and am often inspired. I like her attention to detail, even down to the large colored sugar andwhite frosting on her homemade pop-tarts.

How long have you been cooking/baking? Does the days of my Easy Bake oven count? If so, since I was 4 or 5. If not, I probably started dabbling in junior high school. My mom is a neat freak though and was always pushing me out of the kitchen since I used to make quite a mess back then(still do sometimes).

What are your favorite foods to make? I love to make bread pudding because it is so comforting to me.

What inspires you in the kitchen? Lots of things. Other cookbooks, going out to a restaurant and then trying to recreate the dish at home, I love just going to the Farmers Market and buying something I have never used before and coming up with something for that, other people's blogs and lately I have been insprired to make store bought items into homemade one(my circus cookies and poptarts).

What is your favorite post so far? My post called Think Pink. I made pink ribbon cupcakes to celebrate my mother being 5 years cancer free. Not a very exciting one as far as food is concerned but it was something very near and dear to my heart. I also really enjoyed when Cream Puff, Pie in the Sky, Alpineberry and I all made the same cheesecake. I really enjoy seeing how other people intrept the same recipe and make it their own. I would love to do more things like that.

Any food photography tips? Take your photos in natural light. For most things plate your food on white plates/bowls. Take a ton of pictures, people are usually shocked to find out that I take about 100-150 of EACH thing I bake...just to get 3-5 that I like.

Do you share what you make? Yep, as much as possible.

What do you do when you are not cooking? I play ice hockey, with guys.


Stay tuned for my next interview with Kristen from Gezellig Girl.