Thursday, November 16, 2006

NYC Trip Recap


So, this past weekend I was in NYC to visit my husband's family. My mother and father-in-law live in Staten Island and my sister-in-law, Julie, generally lives in India, but is back for a visit. We can't make it up for Thanksgiving this year (although I honestly don't mind too much, the traffic is a nightmare-once it took us 10+ hours to make the 3 1/2 hr. trip home) and we wanted to make sure we saw Julie before she flew back to India and her life of yoga, Sanskrit and cave dwelling. Anyway, as it is with most trips it was also all about food. We went to a great Thai restaurant on Staten Island (review to follow), bought Italian goodies (3 liters of olive oil, canned tomatoes, large jar of anchovies, pasta, mozzarella/pancetta swirled cheese) at our favorite Italian grocery on Staten Island, bought goodies at Pearl River (more to come) and ate dim sum and bought fun candy in Chinatown.


I love the above sign: no martinis allowed!