Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Guide to the Globe


I was tagged by Sara make a list of 5 foods you should eat before you die. I think "before you die" sounds a bit ominous so I am changing it to "5 foods every person should get to try in their lifetime". Same basic principle, but a little less Addams family. Like Sara, I am keeping it pretty local because 1. I am only including foods that I personally have eaten and 2. I want to.

1. Steamed Crabs-Baltimore is known for our spicy Old Bay-laden steamed crabs. Everyone should be given the chance to wrestle their own tiny pieces of meat out of a blue crab. I am also fond of soft crabs.

2. Rheb's-dark chocolate covered caramel-Another local favorite. Excellent caramels, excellent chocolate. Very fresh and available by mail order in the cooler months. No holiday is complete without a box of Rheb's.

3. Homemade chocolate chip cookies- It would just be a shame not to.

4. Homegrown tomatoes-There is nothing sadder than going through life only eating grocery store tomatoes.

5. A meal you cooked yourself-Because everyone should know how to cook.


Tag! You're it!