Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Collapsible Silicone Scoop Colander


Okay, collapsible kitchen items are now offically a trend. Are people that starved for space? In my experience people who have teensy, tiny kitchen generally eat out all the time anyway. Or at least they seem to in NYC. I have the same apprehensions about this colander I do about the other products, namely how it holds up over time, and ease of cleaning. At least this isn't something that you would need to use for precise measurements like the measuring cups were so it this got a little stretched out or something, you'd probably be okay. It also comes in a variety of colors so you can color coordinate with your kitchen. Frankly, if I was going to get something collapsible, I don't think it would be a colander. Frequently, I just leave whatever fruit or vegetable I washed in the colander in the colander and leave on the counter unless it is something I would refrigerate. So it wouldn't make sense to get a space saver colander because storage would rarely be a concern. Still, if space is a major issue or if you did not use a colander much, I could see how this item would be helpful. I sort of feel like that manfactuers are creating solutions for problems that don't exist, though.